Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New York Avenue Sculpture Project


I recently noticed some new sculptures on the median along New York Avenue near my job (between 13th and 14tth Streets NW). I waited until a nice weather day to check them out and take a few photos, only to walk right into the middle of a dedication ceremony.


Well it seems that the National Museum of Women in the Arts (on the corner of New York Ave and 13th Street) started a new public arts project, called “The New York Avenue Sculpture Project”.

The first set of sculptures are the ones I noticed a few days ago. They make quite the bold statement. (click here for an additional photo).

Among the attendee's were the honorable Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (DC) and the Vice-President's wife Dr. Jill Biden.



Below is the website for the National Museum of Women in the Arts, Claudia and I will be visiting it very soon, since it has a Frida Kahlo painting she wants to see. So, I'll post more on the museum later. Meanwhile go check out the new sculptures on New York Ave.



http://www.nmwa.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment